The Run Doctor, Ed Kerry (@therundoctor) has put together some top tips on how to ensure you’re getting the most of your training, in honour of Global Running Day today (7th June).
1. Set goals! Setting and reaching mini-goals will help motivate you to train regularly.
2. Use a fitness tracker – fitness trackers such as the TomTom Runner will help you monitor your progress and show you how you’re improving, as well as when you’re over training.
3. Train together – joining a running club, is usually free, and they cater for all abilities and needs, so you’ll always be able to find one that suits you.
4. Avoid the commuter chaos – if you’re struggling to find time to train, replace your commute with a run. This way you can clear your head of any stresses, and get fit at the same time!
5. Dress for success – wearing the right clothes when you exercise is important, so make sure you have the right trainers as well as breathable, comfortable running gear.